Now that I've got a wonderous vaccination certificate I can start traveling "for real" again (currently prancing around Greece and then headed to the baltic countries), this stroke of luck also came with the even greater boon of getting to move out of management and into a more research~y/design~y position. This puts me in a rather uplifted overall mood, but it also made me realize I don't want to write so much anymore.
This wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact that I also decided I want to write a small (scientific~y) fantasy book. This means that for the last 4(?) weeks I've not had time to write anything for the blog.
I've been able to uphold the 1 post/week schedule for almost a year now, which is longer than I'd have expected, but all things must come to an end. For the foreseeable future expect inconsistent and longer wait times between articles.
There are a few things I do want to write about:
- A "low level" overview of how we do automatic machine learning in lightwood since I think it's mature enough to talk about it now - But this might come out as one or several papers from the research team at mindsdb, in which case I will link them here, potentially with a few of my notes.
- Some thoughts around "management", mainly from the perspective of me doing a somewhat decent job but hating it.
- Observations+theories around the under a dozen to over a hundred growing period of startups, but I'd like for mindsdb to progress a bit more before I write that, especially since I'd want the subjects to be already "cold" by the time I touch them.
- Some things aimed at a more "general" audience that I realized might be useful to say even though they seem rather obvious to me
- Some of my work in simulating various systems and in audio generation
- Various short stories - Probably to be included in the aforementioned book
I'm hoping those will be put in bits sometimes before winter.
If you usually read this blog, do take some time to take this survey.
Published on: 2021-05-03